winows xp install help

kirby001

i just reformated my computer and re-installed windows xp because i had some major problems with my graphics card. so i am here right now with nothing installed.

should i install the motherboard drivers using the cd i got?

or should i just leave the motherboard drivers and install the ati catalyst.

or should i install the motherboard drivers, then install the ati catalyst.

thanks, and i know this might be a stupid quesiton but i really don't want to screw it up again.

kirby001

it was like error code 10, there were drivers and stuff not installing. the display adapter icon disapeareed. it was just a whole bunch of things not going right. but if you did a clean install, would you start by inserting you auto install for your motherboard, or just leave it.

i gotta head i'll be back later today to post some more about this, but please reply to my question, thanks.

ScottH

Did you follow the instructions on the installation?

If your motherboard has on-board video you are gonna wanna disable that since you have a video card.

So install your OS and all the drivers for all your hardware devices. Once those are all installed and everything is working properly. Shut the computer down and install the video card into the computer case. Make sure you ground yourself before touching anything inside the computer. You could easily ground yourself with a wrist strap or touch the computer case before handling any circuit boards. Anyhow, after you done that install the video card in the proper slot and secure it into place. Power up the computer and install the video card drivers and then disable the on-board video.