WinPC?

Bigwoods

banned
Whatt is this? I go to my computer, which I lent to my dad for the day and I see 4-5 security threats claiming my information is being sent to someone online.. When I press "Block" it claims that the only way to complete such a task is by downloading WinPC.. Im lost, right now im running Norton and theres only a tracking cooking thats been picked up.. Im not a big fan of downloading stuff onto my computer, I like it clean..

Bigwoods

banned
Alright I will download that program when Norton is finished.. A rogue antivirus is one that enters your computer and puts a trojan on it then claims to be the only program to be able to delete it no? Does that mean i have a trojan?

bomberboysk

Alright I will download that program when Norton is finished.. A rogue antivirus is one that enters your computer and puts a trojan on it then claims to be the only program to be able to delete it no? Does that mean i have a trojan?

Possibly, usually it detects "viruses" that it can remove, you pay for it, and it doesnt "remove" anything. Basically a snake oil scam, but also harmful.