wintv pvr 150 - please help :(

CrazyEh

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a wintv pvr 150. I cannot get the thing working. I seem to only get 1 channel, and it's french :( I have Cogeco Cable, so I have a cable box. I have the svideo running from the box to the prv... and the cable running from the box to the pvr... I have the newest 4.0 driver for the pvr... I have used 4 different apps for the pvr, and I get the same results on all. Beyond TV is my fav so far, as it's the only one that seems to pick up most of the channels correctly, but only lets me play one.

I'm a little stupid when it comes to TV's, I don't know much about them. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong, or not doing at all? there's a hockey game on tomorrow that I really wanted to watch on my PC :eek::(.

Any help would be awesome!

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If you have S-Vid going from a tuner to the card it seems your problem would be with the external tuner and not the card... Go to S-Vid and tune using the external tuner... Unless I'm missing something here.

Seriously, I was expecting more of a problem :eek:. I know my PVR-150 can be a real pain to setup sometimes. Even now it's like it won't give me a preview until I record for a second :p

CrazyEh

Sorry man.. keep in mind, I'm stupid when it comes to this svid, tuner, etc, stuff.. What would be the external tuner? lol... I'm guessing the pvr 150?

"Go to S-Vid and tune using the external tuner" could someone translate that into something such as... Open this program, then do this, etc...

I apologize, I should have read more into this before purchasing the card.

CrazyEh

I have a vent channel. If someone is willing to go on it with me and help me get this thing working, I will be more than happy to donate 15 bucks! I really want to watch the hockey game tomorrow! :(