WinXP's AFL question?

jason

I have WinXP Pro (NTFS) on my PC. I am planning to format and reinstall WinXP Pro again on it. I have WinXP Pro CD from my friend which came with some AFL (Additional Family Licence). I think it was for 10 installations as my friend said. Now he is not sure if the CD has already used in 10 installations. I downloaded WinXP from that CD about 2 years ago. Now if I start format and clean reinstall from that CD again, what if it has already finished the given number of installations as per its AFL ? I am sorry if the question is not very clear to you because even I am confused here.
Thanks!

Joefox

Jason -- In my opinion, the only way you will know for sure is if you use the CD and find out. You should be fine.

As for the reformatting: Maybe you do not even have to reformat. If you are reformatting for the sake of spyware and virus removal, perhaps I can be of further assistance in helping you do so without having the need to reformat. Best of luck at any rate,

Joe

jason

Thanks Joefox. Actually I have never formatted any PC. I don't know much about the PC etc. But with the time there are many extra programs in its Program Files which I want to get rid of. I tried so many times by uninstalling or through Control Panel but sometimes I can not remove some of them. Well, I don't want to format with my limited knowledge of PCs, But I want the same clean look of my C drive as it used to have before.
I have ad-aware program and run it everyday. It is very good. But the point is the clean look of my C drive.
I hope you will understand my point. Thanks again.

Joefox

Those programs you are uninstalling from the control panel are most likely spyware. Send me a message via AIM. Also, if you want I can walk you through any troubleshooting, including reformatting. I wish you the best of luck, and I am here to answer any questions you may have.

Joe