wiondows wont recognize any sound output device

mcrae

hi guys. ok, heres the deal:

i recently bought a new power supply, so i connected it all myself. its possible that i did it wrong, but everything worked fine.

last night, i formatted and reinstalled windows. however, my sound doesn't work. its not that i dont have speakers, but when i go to "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" it says no audio device.

so I assumed that I needed to update my motherboards drivers for it to recognize the soound card (i had already updated it with the cd it comes with)
so i go download this: http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2256
(i downloaded the first audio one) (also, i know i have a GA-8I915G Pro, just not sure if its Rev 1.x or 2.x, so i downloaded the drivers for 2.x)

anyways, i don't know how to figure out what my soundcard is. i'm assuming that i need to get its drivers?

edit: i should add that when i'm in device manager, i can't see a soundcard. all i have is under 'other devices - Multimedia Audio Controller'. under Sound, video, and game controllers all i have is:
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Codecs
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs'

so its as if my sound card doesn't even exist, and i haven't moved it since before the reformat, when it was working fine

Last edited:

Gareth

Well im pleased you got it working, I was going to recommend Windows Update for drivers.