wipe hardrive

AlexWDesign

undefined

Hi Guys,

how do I wipe my hardrive? I have windows 2000 pro. I want to wipe it and install everything again.

If I do wipe it, will all the drivers be lost, will I still be able to use the cd-rom?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Alex

if you reformat your hard drive, all the drivers that come with windows 2000 will be there. its just like you opened the box and turned your computer on for the first time. i dont see why you wont be able to use the cd rom drive..

thanks for replying

I have a slight problem though. the computer was built by someone and i only have various drivers on different cds and floppies. there isn't a restore cd

wipe hard drive

I have a computer which was put together by someone and it comes with various cds and floppies containing drivers. It runs windows 2000 pro.

I need to find out how to wipe it and if I do whether the drivers for the cd rom and floppy drives will still be there, so that i can install windows again.

Maybe one of you can help me on this.

Thanks,

Alex

what you mean i think is format your comp!!!
you have to back up your files first!!(all those files that you think you still need)
confirm all your driver are available!(major driver like MB's driver, apg or pci graphic card or even sound card) this also depends on the os u wanted to use!! win 2000 and win xp have most of the driver of 'old' device! dont worried!!or you can list all your hardware here! your cd rom will work after formatting your comp!
than, get a bootable window cd!!(it is much more easier if you are getting a bootable one!)
go to bios to adjust your setting ( 1st boot device-- cd rom) some old MB cant boot the comp using cdrom! (what is your MB)
insert the cd and restart your comp! it will autodetect the cd and asked you to press any key to boot from cd rom.....
you can intall window after format your comp!(it will ask you whether format or not before installing)
install all the driver that needs!!
it's better you list all your device here

need to find out how to wipe it and if I do whether the drivers for the cd rom and floppy drives will still be there, so that I can install windows again.
When you reinstall W2K you have the option of wiping :) (make sure you backup first)

Back