Wiping Network Computers

kookooshortman55

My mom is a teacher at a local highschool, and we stopped by the district junkyard to see what we could rummage. We found palettes of old computers. We took some home and most of them still work, but they are all locked and ask for the district login. Can this login be reset in the BIOS or do I have to do a clean reset of the hard drive.

Also, does anyone have any idea of what I could use these for? There are at least 100 computers that I could use, but they are all IDE drives, running Windows 2000. I was going to see if I could make something out of them for a summer project, but I'm out of ideas, the stuff is too old haha.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I would wipe the HD who knows what that image has on it, and it is most likely heavily managed and restrictive. Your best bet is to wipe it out all together and reload an OS from scratch on it.

kookooshortman55

Yeah I was thinking that would probably be the best bet. We managed to find some fresh copies of Window 95 too. I doubt it's worth it though. The computers only have 80GB IDE drives so I think building a network storage computer is out of the question haha. The only thing I think I can rummage from them is the case, only because it's a full tower.