Wire Organizing

JakeUSMC

I ought to return to Hawaii soon, from this crap hole country Iraq, my parts will be waiting. I have a question about the wiring. If I use electrical tape to hold the wires together is there a chance the wires will get too hot and melt?

bomberboysk

(Colored)Duct tape works better if your looking for a cheap way to "sleeve" the power supply. To actually manage the cables though, zip ties work the best.

FairDoos

Personally id go for Zip Ties but if you wish you can go for tape and i wouldnt worry of it melting thats just silly talk maybe if you use cheap tape then yer haha but elecy tape would do the trick :)

Fatback

VIP Member
I have used colored duct tape a couple of time like bomber said works great. I would zip tie the wires together then put the tape that way you don't have to try and hold them together while you put the tape on. Also put the tap on before installing the PSU trust me it's much easier.

Jamin43

banned
I have used colored duct tape a couple of time like bomber said works great. I would zip tie the wires together then put the tape that way you don't have to try and hold them together while you put the tape on. Also put the tap on before installing the PSU trust me it's much easier.

Zip ties ideally. I would use Electrical tape over Duct tape though - if you went the tape route. Duct Tape can be kindof gummy - when you go to undo it - and might want to later use Zip ties with your current PSU - perhaps in another build.

bomberboysk

Zip ties ideally. I would use Electrical tape over Duct tape though - if you went the tape route. Duct Tape can be kindof gummy - when you go to undo it - and might want to later use Zip ties with your current PSU - perhaps in another build.
Eh, electrical tape tends to leave a black gunk on wires from my experience.

@OP, you may just want to think about investing in a cheap sleeving kit though. Some cheaper ones can be had for $6.99 or so:
www.jab-tech.com

Fatback

VIP Member

Why would you need to take it off and why would you want to use tape for one build and zip ties for the other.