Wired 360 Controller for CS:S on PC?

WestC07

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible and if so, how logical would it be to use a wired Xbox 360 controller for playing Counter Strike: Source? Or, do you know anyone who does this or has tried it?

I have about 3,500 more kills than deaths on COD4 for the 360 and I'd like to use the same controller for CSS just with a different configuration.

I found a site that says this is all you need to use the controller for CSS on PC but is this ALL I would need to do it?
http://www.switchbladegaming.com/download/download.cfm

Thanks

ducis

in the long run its better to get used to a mouse and keyboard. You'll end up with a much higher KD ratio if thats what your into

mrjack

VIP Member
This is the first time I've heard of someone wanting to play FPS games with a controller rather than with a mouse and keyboard.

Like epidemik said, it seems quite easy. And as you don't have Vista I'd imagine there'd be less possible issues.

m0nk3ys1ms

This is the first time I've heard of someone wanting to play FPS games with a controller rather than with a mouse and keyboard.

Like epidemik said, it seems quite easy. And as you don't have Vista I'd imagine there'd be less possible issues.

I'm a lot better with a controller than a keyboard and mouse, though I still prefer using a keyboard and mouse. Anywho, Vista should detect and install it automatically, but I know with XP I had to download drivers from Microsoft's website.

Tuffie

You'll be at a huge disadvantage, and you'll probably need to still use your keyboard to buy stuff.

X24

Both speed and accuracy of shots will lessen if you use a controller, the very best console gamer couldn't hold a candle to a decent wasd/mouse gamer in the same game just because of the major advantages with the keyboard and mouse.

Just get used to the keyboard and mouse and you'll be much more competetive in CS:S

mrjack

VIP Member
Not true. I have Vista and it recognizes my 360 Controller as soon as I plug it in, it even installs the drivers for me ;)

In terms of games was what I meant. For example I haven't been able to get Hitman Blood Money, Mass Effect or any Steam game to work properly. Hitman wouldn't even start, when playing Mass Effect I can't even save and Steam games hang up when I try to quit and I have to restart my computer.

Kornowski

VIP Member
In terms of games was what I meant. For example I haven't been able to get Hitman Blood Money, Mass Effect or any Steam game to work properly. Hitman wouldn't even start, when playing Mass Effect I can't even save and Steam games hang up when I try to quit and I have to restart my computer.

Ah right, Ok. My bad.

WestC07

Alright thanks for the replies guys. I've played CSS for over a year now and am comfortable with a mouse and keyboard, but thought the controller might give an advantage.

A good point was made about buying in game as well as the precision of using a mouse over a controller so I'll scratch the idea.

Thanks for the help!