Wireless Bridge

th3ha1og0d

How does a wireless bridge work? A friend of mine says that he uses one to connect his Xbox 360 to his wireless network (he plugs the bridge into the ethernet port of the 360).

Would I be able to do this? I purchased the official MS wireless adapter but for $100 I'd rather just return it. It solved my connection issues in games but does not support wpa2 wifi encryption which is what I used on my network. I feel that for $100 it's a disgrace not to support an industry standard, and as soon as I find out I am able to use a wireless bridge I will be returning this crippled M$ piece of junk.

If anyone can tell me what wireless bridge would be a appropriate (My router is a Linksys wrt54gs) that would be great. Thanks:):)

lawson_jl

You don't want a wireless bridge per say. What you want is an ethernet to wireless adaptar. WPA2 is a standard thats true but most hardware doesn't support it since it's a pretty new standard in computer terms. I'm not completely sure but I believe the Xbox360 wireless adapter was released before the WPA2 standard was. I doubt Microsoft will ever update it, unforseen compatablity isssues and the like.

nivan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series
If this device is in ap mode then just connect some other ap bridge device as client bridge.What you need is 802.11g ap bridge to use as client.
Just get some AP bridge 802.11g and connect it to computer and enter in configuration page with explorer.Then search for Linksys and connect to him.You will have bridge ready for xbox.Just plug ethernet cable of xbox in to ethernet port on this device.