wireless help

jasonz

At my parents house, i can pick up a couple wireless spots. However, I have to walk to the road or a neighbors yard. Is there a way to somehow boost my laptops signal or some way to make it so my computer can pick up the signal from a little farther away?

jasonz

so how do i know if i buy a card that it will go farther that my internal wireless, and about how much would a cheap but good enough one cost

jp198780

whats ur internal 2 runnin at right now?

well i bought my G card thats in my C600 off ebay 4 like $15 bucks, was almost brand new...

jp198780

oops, didnt mean 2 put the "2", but what is it running at? like what is the MBPS speed?

check out Ebay, u could get a G card real cheap...

jasonz

how does one go about determining that, and what would be the best card to get, for maximum signal strength?

and thanks for yalls help

jp198780

guess u dont have the wireless tower down in ur Taskbar..

soo, go 2 Start>Connect To, then click ur connection, should tell u the speed the cards running at...

jasonz

no i got good signal, i just want some way for it to be a little better, so i dont have to stand on the road to check my email when im at the parents house. Like i said, i just need a little bump.

jasonz

no, its fine at my apt. I got "blazin fast" internet here. Like i said, its just when i go home. My parents are out of this world and still dont have internet yet. I just want to pick up the nearby local business', but its a little far away. Just wondered if there is some kind of booster.

jasonz

so is there any way to use another router so like receive and "re-distribute" the signal, because i have an extra one.