Wireless internet not working after starting Computer

roaminggnome55

Hello cf,

So i return with another computer conundrum. Whenever I turn off my computer and turn it back on again in any way (even standby), when I turn my computer back on, the internet does not work. If I look at the wireless connections, the network says it has "limited or no connectivity," and the only way i can get internet working again is by deleting the preferred networks information, disabling the connection, enabling it again, and then connecting again. Unless I do exactly that, it cannot connect; I either get a dialog box saying "waiting for the network to be ready" that never goes away, or it just goes back to "limited or no connectivity."

The wireless network is on a Linksys WRT150N router and linksys WUSB300N wireless adapter.

Any help or insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
the Roaming Gnome.

cgsarebeast

Hello cf,

So i return with another computer conundrum. Whenever I turn off my computer and turn it back on again in any way (even standby), when I turn my computer back on, the internet does not work. If I look at the wireless connections, the network says it has "limited or no connectivity," and the only way i can get internet working again is by deleting the preferred networks information, disabling the connection, enabling it again, and then connecting again. Unless I do exactly that, it cannot connect; I either get a dialog box saying "waiting for the network to be ready" that never goes away, or it just goes back to "limited or no connectivity."

The wireless network is on a Linksys WRT150N router and linksys WUSB300N wireless adapter.

Any help or insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
the Roaming Gnome.
Alright Im guessing you have XP by your sig, windows XP seems to do that ocassionly, or atleast to me, but when I wake my computer up only.

But what it sounds like is a incorrect pass key, idk its secure or not but it does that when the keys wrong. As for when you turn it on, an it does this, it could be lots of things if its this, a driver issue; your drivers could be corrupt. A bug/virus/sim that resets your wireless settings on startup or a wrong setting on your computer

How you would fix it is, I would check you settings 1st, make sure if it is a secure network you have the right key, and you have typed it right an stuff. if that didnt work, I would uninstall an reinstall your NIC drivers, I highly doubt its a bug or virus or whatever but its worth a shot to think of everything. If that does work, let me no an gimmie a lil more info, an I'll try again :)

Hope I was of help,...
JD

Last edited:

cgsarebeast

If I had an incorrect key, wouldnt it never let me connect to the internet? b/c I can connect, it just wont do it automatically.

Good point haha, I was jus tryin to figure out y it was doin that from what you said an that sounded like a incorrent key lol

How would I do that exactly?

The easy way is your wireless card should have came with a install CD, jus goto control panel an look for you linksys software unistall it, then reinstall it, then reboot, an if that doesnt work I'll have to think

b/c I can connect, it just wont do it automatically

What did you mean by that you said on the 1st post that you had to do a certain thing to get it to work, is it jus not connecting automaticly? or did you mean that its not connenting automaticly cuz of that basicly?