Wireless keyboard issue

I have to take the receiver for my wireless keyboard and mouse out of the USB hub and put it back in, to get my keyboard to work. Is that an issue with the keyboard, the receiver or the USB hub?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try a different usb port and see what happens. Are you using a front usb or one in the back?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know that it was an all in one. Could be a faulty usb driver, which you have to use device manager to uninstall drivers and then manually reboot pc. Can you try it on a different system and see if it works correctly?

I didn't know that it was an all in one. Could be a faulty usb driver, which you have to use device manager to uninstall drivers and then manually reboot pc. Can you try it on a different system and see if it works correctly?
I don't have another. I try to keep my drivers up to date with a program called Driver Booster

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I try to keep my drivers up to date with a program called Driver Booster
Thats a really bad idea, uninstall it. Most driver update programs are malware or include malware with it. Always go back to the manufacturer of the hardware to get driver updates.

Thats a really bad idea, uninstall it. Most driver update programs are malware or include malware with it. Always go back to the manufacturer of the hardware to get driver updates.
Ok. When I get home, I'll uninstall it, but I like that it lets me know when a driver needs to be updated

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Drivers usually only need to be updated about every year especially if no issues arise. The only drivers that really need to be updated are video and lan/wifi drivers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You may already have the latest usb drivers but they could have been corrupted. That is why I suggested to uninstall them via device manager and then reboot the system so it could reinstall them. I would ask a friend to see if you could use your usb receiver and keyboard to see if it stays connected. The only thing you can do now is troubleshoot and you really need try them on a different pc to rule out what hardware could be failing.

You may already have the latest usb drivers but they could have been corrupted. That is why I suggested to uninstall them via device manager and then reboot the system so it could reinstall them. I would ask a friend to see if you could use your usb receiver and keyboard to see if it stays connected. The only thing you can do now is troubleshoot and you really need try them on a different pc to rule out what hardware could be failing.
I unplugged the USB hub & plugged the receiver into the port I had the hub plugged into and everything seems fine now