Wireless Network Card ????

dixieman

Ok, I gave my girlfriend a Dell Inspiron 1150 for Chirstmas.

We're trying to get it setup on the internet, and we use a wireless router in the house.

Her computer has a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller network card.

Do I just need to buy a PC card for wireless internet, or do I need an internal wireless network card or what??

Thanks.

SlothX311

your integrated NIC on your motherboard has nothing to do with wireless networking/ internet, thats for ethernet, like as in, with cables......what you want is a wirless NIC for your PC, it has notthing you have to plug into it on the back just an antenna......

robina_80

basically you need a WIRELESS network card for YOU and your GIRLFRIEND(its a card with an antenna attached to the back) but you have to make sure its the right speed as your wireless router otherwise itl be sh1t

PS ive hook my house wirelessly and its great!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ChinaRosesZ

If your wireless router supports B, buy a wireless NIC that supports B. If your wireless router supports G, buy either B OR G. I don't really know what the B and the G stand for, but it's the standard that each wireless supports.

S_Doherty

Basically, if your desktop PC is already connected to a wireless router, which i'm assuming runs through your ISP provided modem...all that you will need is a wireless card for your new laptop...Check that, make sure that you can hardwire yourself to your wireless router...are there any lan connections available on the wireless router?