WIRELESS Network File Sharing HELP!!

beevisdiah

:confused: I have been searching the Internet for help for Months now and there doesnt seem to be a way. Is there a positive way how share files wirelessly. I have a desktop(XP pro) and a laptop(XP pro) and I want to be able to share files between both. they are networked by a wireless router, internet works fine. the desktop is WIRED and the laptop is WIRELESS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Damorian

Yes, they'd both be on the same network so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to. Read around on file sharing guides for whatever your particular OSes are.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
This is possible. Go into the control panel and run the network setup wizard. Follow the steps on the wizard and restart when it prompts.

Run the same wizard on the other computer and be sure to input the same network name and restart when completed.

Right click on the folder(s) you want to share, then click properties. Go under the sharing tab and underneath "sharing & security" click the long message about sharing security.

When you want to access the folder from another computer just go to "My Network Places" and the folder should appear there.