wireless networking problems

mikekelly

i have a new router installed on my desktop, i have it setup to share a broadband connection with my laptop, my laptop picks up the signal fine but when i try to open internet explorer it bricks up the window that i used to use with my old broadband connection and aol connection and wont connect. i also have firefox and when i open this up it connects to the internet with no problem, which make me think do i need to configured IE to detect my wireless connection ? if so does anyone know how i do this.

also when i was looking into a wireless home network im sure i read somewhere that is possible to download files between computers at really fast transfer rates, but so far all my laptop recognises is the wireless connection and not the my desktops hard drive, does anyone know if it is possible to access my desktop computers hard drive from my laptop ? and if so how do you do it

stratford

Ie Problem

had the same problem with internet explorer not showing web pages.
not sure what router you are using but check the routers firewall can be tricky if your not sure what you are doing but it is likeley this is the problem turn off firewall then try IE if it works configure firewall to let internet access to internet explorer. as to the second part of your question i am still trying to figure that out for my self when i get there ill let you know.
let us know what router you are using.

mikekelly

stratford said:
had the same problem with internet explorer not showing web pages.
not sure what router you are using but check the routers firewall can be tricky if your not sure what you are doing but it is likeley this is the problem turn off firewall then try IE if it works configure firewall to let internet access to internet explorer. as to the second part of your question i am still trying to figure that out for my self when i get there ill let you know.
let us know what router you are using.

cheers