wireless or cable

ZER0X

VIP Member
CAT6e is better i believe
Yes they are, I had trouble with CAT5 on my hub so we had to use CAT5E, that cord worked much better. CAT6E is much more stabler for transfering larger files through them.

robina_80

you know, cant remember who said it but 802.11n is going to come out, i know it will be compatible with 802.11b, g networks, but if you got 802.11b, g, can you upgrade your software to run 802.11n, can anyone help me?!?. yes i am going to get wireless going to get new NIC cards and a wireless access point

robina_80

going to use it in my house which has (5 bedrooms) my dad and sis are going to use laptops(sis laptop in her bedroom and dads mainly in study) me myself a desktop and maybe connect an apple mac to it aswell.
so if you get a 802.11g network now can you upgrade it later when a new network comes out or will you have to buy whole new hardware

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
kb1ghc said:
geee, you must have a huge house, I have my router's power turned down all the way (for security reasons)(3rd party firmware) and I can go about 200ft away, and still get a signal.

1 stroy house...pretty small actually. it just has ALOT of walls lol...kinda sucks for wireless. was thinking about buying an antenna and wiring it through attic to above my ceiling so it gets a better connection, but too $$$$ and i'm not sure if my dad would let me.