Wireless Printring?

guns90

Good Morning. I have a Linklsys WRT54GL v1.1 router connected to my computer. It's working fine with my children's computer in another room. Is it possible for me to set it up so that my children can print on a printer connected to my computer? Thanks Gary

andy faith

as long as that printer is shared on your computer and you have file and printer sharing enabled then all you need to do is add the printer on you childs computer and install the drivers for it and it should work

guns90

I'm kind of old and stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, Any Faith. You need to help me a little more with this. I'm not even sure I know what you mean when you say " as long as that printer is shared on your computer and you have file and printer sharing enabled ". Sorry. Gary

adarsh

go to network and sharing center under control panel. In network and sharing center, go to printer sharing and turn it on.

hope it works

guns90

please bare with me on this one Andy. I have a 'network connections' under my control panel. It says nothing about sharing.

andy faith

double click on that, then right click on your Local Area Connection and look in the list for File and Printer Sharing For Microsoft Networks and make sure it's ticked

guns90

Okay, adarsh, I completed that checklist through step 7; however, I don't understand what it means by having to set a password in step 8.

guns90

Okay, so now I guess that all I have do what andy faith said and install the printer driver on the kid's computer, right?

andy faith

right, you'll need both computers on, then go to the kids computer and go to start -> Printers and faxes then on the sidebar click add new printer, follow the steps and when it asks if its a network or local printer click network and then find your pc on the network, double click on that and hopefully the printer should appear. Alternatively you could let it search for one? cant remember if you can do that. anyway, then it will ask for the driver

andy faith

there we go, choose network printer, then brows for printer, and hopefully find your computer in whatever workgroup you're in