wireless router help

I have a belkin wireless router and I go to firefox and put the routers ip string of numbers in.
And it works it brings up the routers home page for me to make changs to settings.

But first I have to Login and I do and it says it is incorect.

How can I just start new over and take out anything that is in the router?

You know like Dellete everything and make a fresh start??

bkribbs

I have a belkin wireless router and I go to firefox and put the routers ip string of numbers in.
And it works it brings up the routers home page for me to make changs to settings.

But first I have to Login and I do and it says it is incorect.

How can I just start new over and take out anything that is in the router?

You know like Dellete everything and make a fresh start??

Typically you have to hold down the reset button, unplug it, then plug it back in, then release the button. Or something like that. But there will always be a password for the settings. I can help you get in if you don't know what it is.

mihir

VIP Member
you can reset the belkin router to th factory settings

belkin.jpg

Press the reset button using a needle or something and then the username and password will be set to default and all the factory setting will be restored.

The username will be

USERNAME:admin
Password :

username will be admin and password will be nothing.
Do not enter anything in password tab and just press login or enter

EDIT:

^^^
That was fast

bkribbs

^^Are you sure about that? If I just press it on mine, it doesn't completely reset it. More of a soft reset, similar to power cycling it.

bkribbs

OK wen I get in to the page there is so many things how do I setup a password and things like this?

Give the exact model of the router and I can tell you more specifically. However. You will need to follow directions similar to this:

Go to 192.168.1.1 (if that isn't right then try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1). Then, type in the username and password. Try admin as the username and leave the password blank. Then, find the security page (my router says "wireless security". The wording could vary.) Select WPA2 if it is there or WPA if not. Type in a password in the password box. Hit "Save Settings" or "Confirm Changes" or anything like that.

Note: If you do this with a wirelessly connected computer, the page won't load after you hit save. It should have booted you from the network as you have not typed in the password to connect. You should do this from a wired computer if possible, but it will work either way.

bkribbs

Thanks I got into the Router and all ios ok.

What is WPA2 if it is there or WPA these things I don't know

That is the level of security. WEP is the weakest, and extremely easy to hack into. WPA is what I use, and is pretty good. WPA2 is even stronger.

What I meant by "WPA2 if it is there or WPA if not" is that your router may not support WPA2, (mine doesn't) so if it doesn't support it, select WPA instead.