Wireless Router keeps losing internet connection!

mwahsun

I purchased the Linksys Wireless WRT54GS router and every so often I lose internet connection. I go through their little Linksys EasyLink Advisor but eventually I need to disconnect router and connect it back to start working again. Usually after I do that, everything works fine, but now I my main desktop computer's internet is not working and my laptop internet is working. I do not know what is going on. I am not quite too fond with how wireless networking works but, I have a Macbook and a vista desktop and internet goes out often. I set also set my network to: WPA2 Personal, thinking it would fix something, and it did for like a 3-5 days and the problem is starting to arise again. Is there something I need to fix with the linksys settings? What is going on? Can anyone help please?

By the way, my laptop is connected through wireless and my desktop is plugged with the ethernet cord on the back of the wireless router.

Last edited:

mwahsun

Also when I run games and other computers access the internet, It lags the game.

Any ideas? Anyone want to help?

Hi friend may be there is some problems in the settings..you have to check out the settings of your laptop carefully..or may be some files may corrupted thats why this problem has occurred..or some problem occurred during you installed your window so recollect carefully all this..

Trizoy

VIP Member
Hi friend may be there is some problems in the settings..you have to check out the settings of your laptop carefully..or may be some files may corrupted thats why this problem has occurred..or some problem occurred during you installed your window so recollect carefully all this..

Are you kidding?

Anyway.. try changing the channel the router broadcasts on, you are probably getting interference from a phone. Try moving up or down by 3 channels or more. Try a switch and let it sit till you have a problem. If ther eis no problem after the first switch, dont chnage it again. Let me know if that works.

mwahsun

Ok, I just found the channel option. Which is safe to choose? There are 1-11 and there are few with 2.412GhZ and few with 2.452GhZ, 2.422GhZ or something like that? Higher GhZ the better or can I choose which ever I want?

and also my wireless home phone is next to my wireless router, would that be a problem by any chance?

Last edited:

Trizoy

VIP Member
It should be now problem, this should fix it if it is.. Just move it from the channel it is on, up or down 3, and see if it helps. It cant get much worse than what is happening now. Change away..