Wireless..

hamod

hello everyone..
i need help!..
i bought LINKSYS wireless-G USB Adaptor , at the beginning thought its a router, but when i intalled it, i discovered its not , i was like :eek: ...
now i knew its like a network card , and thats the picture http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

now what i need to know , is that can i make a network between my computer and my laptop using it?? i mean by two network cards ?
and if i can,how can i??
i need wireless internet :(

Please Help.
Thanks!

SC7

hamod said:
hello everyone..
i need help!..
i bought LINKSYS wireless-G USB Adaptor , at the beginning thought its a router, but when i intalled it, i discovered its not , i was like :eek: ...
now i knew its like a network card , and thats the picture http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

now what i need to know , is that can i make a network between my computer and my laptop using it?? i mean by two network cards ?
and if i can,how can i??
i need wireless internet :(

Please Help.
Thanks!
I don't think you can enable and IPX/(crossover) protocol over two wireless cards. I don't think they have the configurations to see and connect to eachother, as if a wire was plugged into a network card. I don't think they openly broadcast.

You'll need to get a wireless router, then run the Home Network Setup wizard on Windows Xp to network the two.

wells

No, like SC7 said, I don't think you will be able to network them together. You are correct... the USB device is like an external network card, in a sense. You will need to get a gateway device (wireless router in your case) and then set up the network. Ask if you need suggestions on which router, how to set it up, or have any other questions.

Trizoy

VIP Member
If you can configure adhoc configuration you might be able to do a network connection. Im not entirely sure how they work though.

SC7

Trizoy said:
If you can configure adhoc configuration you might be able to do a network connection. Im not entirely sure how they work though.
Yea, but i don't get how they'd see eachother. Cards don't generally broadcast data unless connected to a gateway, do they?

Trizoy

VIP Member
I know you can network two connection with the adhoc feature with a wireless card to wireless card... It is like using a cross over cable.