witch hdd

pokethesmot

my 200gb hard drive is about to fail and it is full. So i want to get a new bigger one. i store allot of movies and songs on my hard drive and i cant decide weather to get a nice 1tb or a cheap 2tb. I only have 120 bucks to spend and i will be using it as my main hard drive. so can some one give me some advice on what hard drive i should buy to replace my almost broken one? here is one i was looking athere thanks for the advice in advance

MMM

I use to have western digital but too many premature failures with them;
My preference is seagate

Ryan_Fpv

Seagate barracuda 7200.12 is very good value for money. I use it and it performs quite well. You should be able to pick up a 1TB for about US$60 (not too sure on US$ so that's just an approximate). There's also the Samsung Spinpoint F3 series which I'm currently looking at purchasing, which is about the same price as the barracuda but is apparently faster, as fast or faster than the caviar black some reviews have said.
And that brings me also to the Caviar black, which is probably $15-$25 more expensive than the previous two, but also has set some pretty good benchmarks.
I do believe all of those series have 2TB versions for a bit extra but you'll have to check that out.