WLAN driver

CapsLock

Hi, I reinstaled windows 7 on my laptop, but now I don't have internet. I understand that I need to install a driver, and so I did. I have an Acer Aspire 7750 and after looking on the site, I downloaded the Wireless LAN authors driver, version 9.2.0.439

However, there were still no connections available. I couldn't find anything online about what to do.

beers

Staff member
There are three different downloads on the support site for the 7750 for WLAN, make sure to download the driver that coincides with the chipset of the wireless card.

If you aren't sure you can just try to install them all.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Did you download for the correct version of Windows? Is there a way to manually turn the WiFi on and off (meaning, is it possible it's just not turned on)?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
We can determine what wireless driver you need. Just do this. Go into device manager, right click on the wireless adapter that needs a driver and click on properties, click on the details tab, change property to hardware ID and give me the 4 digit vendor and device ID numbers. They will look like this.

I need the 4 digits after the words ven and dev.

Could I get some here too, please?

After looking at the hardware id this is what I got for the first four.

168C & 0032

I am just looking to see if an update is available. Running a dell PC.

Thank you

Thanks fellas. I figured it out yesterday that I had AR9485 and I did download the zip file, but I thought I was going to double click something to run the driver. Unless I am missing something. I wasn't sure what to do with the files that were included within the zip.

I feel noobish

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Basically you unzip it and use device manager to manually update driver and point the update to where the unzipped files are.

Agent Smith

Go to device manager in windows (start > right click my computer icon > properties > device manager), and then select each of the hardware items, and one by one click on properties and then update driver. Then you can install the drivers. You may have to click browse and find the INF file. Of course unzip the folder first. Once you install you can delete the folder. May need to restart the computer after driver install.