wlan pci adapter

CID12793

My laptop broke and I always used ICS from my laptop to get internet on my desktop now i need a wlan PCI adapter. I went to a local computer store and asked the guy he said he needed to know what kind i need and as i am new to this i honestly have no idea. So my question is how do i figure out what kind i need? i have an ibuypower nzxt windows 7 64bit amd phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz not sure if that matters. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20150322_131334485~2.jpg
    IMG_20150322_131334485~2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 16

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You can put in either a PCI Express x1 card or a PCI card. I'd go for a wireless N or AC band PCI Express card.

Geoff

VIP Member
Just get a USB wireless card, then you don't have to worry about installing it incorrectly or buying the wrong kind.

CID12793

Thanks for the quick response. I originally was looking into a USB card but after doing some research I decided on a PCI because from what I've read the USB have problems with connectivity and I do use my PC for gaming so that would be a problem. I'll look into a wireless N or AC band PCI Express card. Thanks for the help.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks for the quick response. I originally was looking into a USB card but after doing some research I decided on a PCI because from what I've read the USB have problems with connectivity and I do use my PC for gaming so that would be a problem. I'll look into a wireless N or AC band PCI Express card. Thanks for the help.
USB wireless cards are just as reliable as PCI/PCI-E wireless cards, it just depends on the brand and the quality of the drivers they provide.