WOH no sound from Headphone

ClayBrians

Hi folks,

I dont have a speaker but i managed to get a headphone. I downloaded the latest MS Windows media player 10....I tried to play the "Highway Blues" which icomes along with the download. And here comes a message :
:eek:
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

I tried to check my system config for the audio settings and found i have
no Multimedia Audio Controller.
Please help me and suggest a site form where i can download free drivers for the same.

cheers,

Super_Nova

In order to show you where to get the correct drivers I'd have to know what kind of sound card/Audio Chipset you had. Usually the manufacturer has them on their website for free download.

SlothX311

If you go to microsoft.com and then run the windows update, under the tab of hardware downloads there should be a driver for items which are generally accepted, i.e. video cards, and sound cards. There should be a sound card driver there...... :)

ClayBrians

Super_Nova said:
In order to show you where to get the correct drivers I'd have to know what kind of sound card/Audio Chipset you had. Usually the manufacturer has them on their website for free download.

how do I get know the sound card i have in my system. Since ijust borrowed it from one of my frnds, i've no idea of all these kinda stuffs. Pls would u mind helping me out with these.
In Control panel/sytem/hardware/device manager i find nothing under my multimedia audio controller.
There is something of this sort under the sound video and game controllers

Audio codecs
legacy audio drivers.

Are these of any use.

ClayBrians

SlothX311 said:
If you go to microsoft.com and then run the windows update, under the tab of hardware downloads there should be a driver for items which are generally accepted, i.e. video cards, and sound cards. There should be a sound card driver there...... :)

I did try out all these kind of stuffs. But was not successful. May be because i dint choose the right think or may be i need to first know what sort of a sound card i have.
But thanks any way.