wolfenstein not working

dontshoot

whenever i load it all of the text is blurry and the music does not play does anybodyknow whats causing this and do you know how to fix it

ZER0X

VIP Member
dontshoot said:
whenever i load it all of the text is blurry and the music does not play does anybodyknow whats causing this and do you know how to fix it

whats your computer???

dontshoot

i have a dell dimension 4600 intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz processor 80 gigs 512 megabyte ram and a Geforce Fx 5200 graphics card a pretty basic set up now it says this in the wolf console GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Last edited:

C0MPUT3R~G3EK

could not load OpenGL subsystem.. that happned with my old laptop.. i dont really know why but i think it is because of the video card, it worked on my dads comp that has a ATI radeon (forgot what number)

dontshoot

i fixed it no thanks to yall guys i just reinstalled it in a new folder i mad but now i have the same blur problem

jonathan71730

wolfenstein

my guess would be the graphics card and you probably need a soundcard but,im not the most knowledgable person in the forums but, i do have a couple of questions for you.

1 did you install the graphics card yourself/friend.
2 if so did you have integrated graphics prior to installing the card.
3 have you d-loaded new driver's lately and if so did you delete the old one first.
4 ok im not familiar with wolfenstein but i do know some games are direct "X"8
native and if your running direct "X"9.0c that could cause some problems.

my suggestions : go to start/run then type dxdiag and look at your direct "x"
version that you are running and then make sure you get a compatable driver
for example you might do better d-loading an older driver thats directx8
native than a brand new one "confusing i know" aim me at Slacker717300
next time your online and i'll help you more.

One last thing while your in dxdiag click the diplay tab as well and see if it has your video card under display if not it was installed incorrectly.

Last edited:

dontshoot

no dell installed my graphics and sound card
i did install the latest driver but how do i delete the other one
and thank you so much for your help