Won't boot at all----Dead

Wildduk

Well I thought I had it running well, and it was until this morning....
Now my new build won't do anything when I hit the power button....
I actually never shut it off last night. It just either died or shut down..
When I checked on it last night before bedm, it had come out of sleep mode. I thought it might be a Win 7 Issue I was gonna deal with today....

So, what should I check for first.....

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the plug from power supply, remove the cmos battery, push the power button on the case a few times to discharge any remaining power. Wait a few minutes and then reinsert battery and plug power back into psu and see if it boots up.

Hitchtech

It sounds like a PSU issue.. most likely. Especially if it doesnt do anything when you attempt to turn it on.. Is that outlet in your wall still good?

gamblingman

VIP Member
I would also make sure you didnt trip a breaker and also that that electrical socket isnt plugged into a GCFI outlet, or linked to a GFCI outlet somewhere else in your house.

Wildduk

Thanks, will try all when I get home... Would a bad psi have anything to do with it coming out of sleep...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So it was working fine when you went to bed and now all of a sudden it won't do anything? Sounds like it could be a bad psu.

Wildduk

Will check outlet and all when I return home. Isn't there also a pin test I can do where u put a jumper on the 24 pin connector. It does seem like a psu issue as no fans or anything power up...