Won't boot correctly.

I have a problem on a self built computer with an Asus F2A55-M LK Plus board.

Here's the problem. When I boot the computer, two monitors extended, it probably will either boot to the primary or secondary screen as if it had only one monitor. Or it will boot and the primary screen will boot with 800x600 resolution and the secondary screen will boot with the correct resolution with the task bar. The primary screen has all the icons.

About a month ago the computer got to the point it would boot but the screens were black and in an inactive state. I reset the ram and it worked fine for about a month and has started the problem again.

Usually when the computer boots "wrong" I can restart, not shut down, the computer and it will boot correctly. If not, two or three restarts fixes the problem. Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix the problem. Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall the video driver, reboot the system then install the latest video driver. Have you ran a diagnostic on the ram? Tried a different video card? What video card and what power supply do you have?

Have you in BIOS (or UEFI) set the motherboard to choose the extra video-card instead of the built in one??
Check the motherboards manual to find the setting...