Wont burn CD-R

HELP_ME

i am using "imation" blank cd's but everytime i attempt to burn an image to it the drive is ejected and it asks me to insert a blank cd in. first of all I am using blank cd's. so what could be wrong is it the brand of cd? or the burner or what? Oh ya and i am using SONIC software to burn.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Has the drive worked before? Test it with something else and see what happens. Perhaps try other software. If you're trying to burn ISOs, try DeepBurner. It's free, and I've had much better luck with it.

heyman421

banned
might be a stupid question, but what's the image file of?

is it a cd image or a dvd image?

you can't burn a cd image to dvd, nor a dvd image to a cd, that could be your problem

heyman421

banned
i would install at least a demo of nero, or some software that installs it's own proprietary cd-rom controller service.

i believe that sonic program (it came on my hp m1090n) uses the built in xp burning controller, which is fine by all means, but sometimes hiccups and doesn't function correctly

i use a program called imgburn, for example, that uses the winxp burning engine, and every once in a while, i'll have to reboot my computer before it will burn correctly............ it will keep giving errors like 'unable to access device' etc.

the one last thing you might check is that you select 'disc-at-once' when you're burning an image. if you leave the session open, it wont be readable on most drives, the disc needs to be closed with a lead-in, toc, and lead-out for it to be recognized by anything other than a cd-r drive

ADE

banned
Do you have another optical drive in your computer? Something like this happened to me cuz there was something that prevented it from working when the other drive was in it...