Wont detect HDD

joelkyr

Hi guys, got some problem with my PC, whenever I switch it on it wont detect my hardrive and it will ask me to choose a boot disk, so what I do is reboot it and thats the time my HDD is detected, I think my system is slow on detecting my HDD. This happens once in a while. I was thinking of my PSU, maybe its not giving enough power coz I got cathode lights attached to my Hdd power supply, I dont know if this is causing it, well Ill live it to whoever can advise me on this. Thanks:):)

joelkyr

Oh, and one more thing, not only is my cathode lights, and also 4 led fans are attached to my HDD power supply. :D :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and one more thing, not only is my cathode lights, and also 4 led fans are attached to my HDD power supply.
Well that wasnt too clever now was it? :p Never split a rail THAT much :p

joelkyr

Well, aint got no choice:D, Ived just replace my psu (500W), and I was right, The power is too slow to reach my HDD, and its working perfectly fine now;):)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Its not that power is "slow" to reach -- it moves at the speed of light -- but rather your HDDs are recieving the proper voltage when you split a rail that much.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Glad I could help ... im actually surprised your rails kicked in and got the HDD eventually detected :)