wont read disc

superfreak

trying to install WoW but my laptop isnt reading the disc.. i put in disc one and nothing happens at all not sure what to do.. tried opening my computer and see n if it shows on the drive .. but nothing their.. disc is clean btw

PC eye

banned
Did you put a dvd in a cd drive? Many newer games are now seen on dvd. If your laptop only has a cd drive you won't be able to install the game.

PC eye

banned
Have you tried putting another disk in to see if that is seen? One thought would be ejecting the disk and retarting Windows to see if it starts loading then. I've had to do this on occasion when a disk was stubborn. Hopefully the disk isn't a bad copy.

superfreak

nah ive installed this copy of WoW on another computer b4. i tried restarting then putting it in and nothing.. ill try restarting with the disc in see what happens.. gah im aggravated

PC eye

banned
Have you tried potting another software disk in to see if the drive is going or may need a lens cleaning? The reboot can help at times when something in Windows doesn't load up fully. Knowing the disk is good points that way.

DrCuddles

I had problems with one of my Burning Crusade Discs, it was the same thing, it would not be read. I had to send mine back and get new ones, i just couldnt get it working in the end, on the forums lots of people were complaining about it and that was the only way people could see a way around it.

Hope this helps :)

Red Naxelaster

I had problems with one of my Burning Crusade Discs, it was the same thing, it would not be read. I had to send mine back and get new ones, i just couldnt get it working in the end, on the forums lots of people were complaining about it and that was the only way people could see a way around it.

Hope this helps :)

Not so hasty, we don't know whether it is the disk yet...

DrCuddles

The problem is common with WoW discs , i am 98% sure that it is the same problem i and all the other WoW Disc victims had

superfreak

yea im thinking so.. guess ill give WoW a calll and see what they will do for me i really wouldnt like to wait for them to recieve my discs then wait to get their new ones but we shall see what they will do for me

PC eye

banned
If it's the disk itself it may be in a format where it remains invisible to some brands of drives. That would explain why many are seeing problems. If you have the same make drive on both systems then you have to try other software disks to see if the drive itself was the problem. Bad disks are always since these games are massed produced. It's one or the other.