Wont shut down automatic

Darkserge

Some reason Window Vista wont shut down my CPU automatic even for 15 mins, I am too lazy to press and hold power button for few seconds to turn CPU off. Is there any way to fix it back to lets my CPU shut down itself. Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you installed any software lately that might have caused the shutdown issue and any new hardware added? Tried doing a system restore back to when it was working fine?

Darkserge

Just right after Window Updates and I notice that "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) failed to update, I try it again it still failed.

Edit. Damn, Norton AntiVirus didn't working, it just froze up.

Last edited:

Darkserge

I did try system restore, then it went blank screen, and it wont do anything for 1 hour. I manual reboot it and then I got message that It failed doing system restore, It hadn't change. Norton AntiVirus didn't working because Symantec Service is not responding so I cant scan for virus.

I try window update and It wont update the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847)x86 because it missing update. I dont know that missing update is.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Doing a repair install should fix all your issues. Pop in the Install cd and choose to repair the existing installation.

Darkserge

I try put window vista CD in then click install, then error message "This computer does not have enough space for temporary files." Now where can I find temporary files to clean out or increase temporary files size?

Edit: I did clean up temp files, still same error message.

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

I would also find a new Anti-Virus. Norton Anti-Virus is one of the worst out there. Avast! is decent Anti-Virus software, better than Norton.

veilx

I try put window vista CD in then click install, then error message "This computer does not have enough space for temporary files." Now where can I find temporary files to clean out or increase temporary files size?

Edit: I did clean up temp files, still same error message.

i don't know precisely what you cleaned out, but make sure you have at least a few gigs of free hard drive space, this should allow you to repair the computer using the Disk.

hope iv'e helped.

EDIT: like johnb35 said, you're not suppose to install vista, but instead Repair it, make sure you're using the correct Disk (not the Install disk)

i have to experience with fixing vista via Disks, so i wouldn't know witch Dvd's/CD's came with them.

Last edited: