WOO HOO! thanks for your help guys!

lovely?

hey i wanted to thank everyone on the advice that they gave me on building my new computer, what to use, what not to use, i couldnt have done it without you guys! :D :D :D :D

lovely?

Untitled-3.jpg

this down from 44 seconds with my overclocked AMD 3400, and i guess since this program only uses one core, this is 4X faster? (oh and i actually have it clocked to 2.93GHZ, it just clocked down)

and the stories about the e4500 are right, just change the fsb to 1066 with stock intel fan and your done, no changes other then that

lovely?

yeah they started about five minutes after that screenshot...

as of now here's the list of problems:

i cant get my ram to run at anything lower then 4-5-5-15 even at 2.4V
My DVD drives dont think there is a disk inside them when i try to install COD4
My X-fi onboard sound drivers will not install, saying there is no device,
i get random lockups doing various tasks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
yeah they started about five minutes after that screenshot...

as of now here's the list of problems:

i cant get my ram to run at anything lower then 4-5-5-15 even at 2.4V
My DVD drives dont think there is a disk inside them when i try to install COD4
My X-fi onboard sound drivers will not install, saying there is no device,
i get random lockups doing various tasks.

Check to make sure that you have the microsoft uaa bus driver installed in order for the sound card to get recognized. Its required for any High definition sound devices.

lovely?

Gonna overclock it?

thats one thing that worked very well actually, the stories about this processor are 100% true, i simply changed the FSB to 1066 and that was it, i didnt have to change another single thing. so now i have it running at 2.93GHZ on the intel stock cooler and the temps never hit 60C

lovely?

Check to make sure that you have the microsoft uaa bus driver installed in order for the sound card to get recognized. Its required for any High definition sound devices.

oh and with vista that driver is not needed, it is automatically loaded. that driver is used for systems from XP and back...

oscaryu1

VIP Member
thats one thing that worked very well actually, the stories about this processor are 100% true, i simply changed the FSB to 1066 and that was it, i didnt have to change another single thing. so now i have it running at 2.93GHZ on the intel stock cooler and the temps never hit 60C

Wow! Does the 1333FSB mod work on that processor? I'm wanting to try it out on my E2140... But I don't have a pen, thermal paste, and the energy to remove those Intel cooler fans :(

lovely?

yes that mod should work well also, but im not gonna try it untill i have slightly better cooling, and definetely after i sort out the rest of my problems. (i keep trying to open WMP and play some songs but can't *SOB*)