Word 2010 starter shuts itself down after opening

johnnyb58

I left the computer at work and I can’t remember exactly what it say before closing, but it says something about not being licensed. I have not done anything to it and it is exactly the way it came installed on the computer. It also says something about buying a license or reinstalling it.

I only use it for grammar and spell check and don’t want to purchase it.
is there a time limit for using it? :confused:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Office starter is a reduced functionality version of the full program. It doesn't expire. Not sure what is going on.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I just read that you need an internet connection in order to use office starter so there is your answer. :good:

johnnyb58

well I brought the laptop home to connect to the internet, but that didn't help.
it want's to be uninstalled and then reinstalled. I don't don't know how to do that since its no longer available and I don't have a disk.
I downloaded OpenOffice last night and going to try that out. It took 3 try's because my Antivirus found something in the 1st two downloads. I finally found a download site without any virus or malware on the third try and it installed ok. I'm going to check it out later