Wordpress question

kenny1999

hello i would like to make a blog using wordpress but i don't want to have the url address ending with wordpress.com so i decide to invest to buy a dot com or dot net. However, i am not expert in computer or internet stuff so i have a several qusetions to ask here. Please and thank you

1. i like one of the free blog template in wordpress.com, can i transfer the whole thing to my dot com or dot net

2. i see there are so many web selling dot com and dot net, i'd like to know who owns these domains? And which one should i go for it

3. do i need to buy any web storage once i buy dot com or dot net? i think those are only addresses but not storage place.

4. I seem to have things mixed up, so what should i do for my situation? Since wordpress does not allow my content to be posted in their domain so i got banned.

chuckzwood

2. i see there are so many web selling dot com and dot net, i'd like to know who owns these domains? And which one should i go for it

I use InMotion to register my domains, but I know others who use Yahoo, Network Solutions, and Go Daddy and have not had problems.

3. do i need to buy any web storage once i buy dot com or dot net? i think those are only addresses but not storage place.

Yes, you need to purchase a hosting plan. Again, I use InMotion, but there are many other hosts out there. InMotion has a hosting plan centered around Wordpress, which, I think, includes a domain registry.

4. I seem to have things mixed up, so what should i do for my situation? Since wordpress does not allow my content to be posted in their domain so i got banned.

If wordpress.com will not allow your content, there is a good chance reputable hosts will not allow it either. Read the fine print of the hosting plan to see if your content is not allowed on the host's servers.

Punk

Staff member
One thing you can do, is redirect your bought domain to the wordpress blog address.

If you wish to make yourself a website, I did a small tutorial on the basic steps to register a website. Link is on my sig :)