[Work Log] Project Shell Shock

Machin3

Hey CF. I am able to finally start on my new project called Shellshock. The overall theme that I am going for is NVIDIA, so it will be green and black only! I am deciding that this project will span over the next couple of months as I am still in the process of buying all the parts for the build. I plan on working in the Cooler Master HAF 932 case which I will be modding. Here is a list of all the parts that I am going to buy:

Hardware:
-Cooler Master HAF 932.......PURCHASED
-Gigabyte G.1 Guerrilla X58 Motherboard....................PURCHASED
-Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.06GHz (will overclock)
-Corsair HX1000 Watt Powersupply.................PURCHASED
-EVGA GTX 560ti 2GB (eventually will run SLI and overclock)
-OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD
-Western Digital Velociraptor 150GB Hard Drive.......PURCHASED
-Western Digital 2TB Hard Drive
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM (eventually will run 16GB)

Water Cooling Parts:
-EK Supreme HF Acetal + Copper Waterblock
-EK FC560-V2 560ti Waterblock (Need confirmation thta it will work w/ 2GB card)
-Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator
-Swiftech MCP655 Pump
-EK Reservoir
-Primo Chill UV Green Tubing

My plan for the case is to:

1. strip all the 200mm fans on top and front
2. cut the hard drive bays so that there are only two left
3. the front emblem will be replace by the NVIDIA logo. (I'm not sure whether I should cut the grill so that only the mesh is visible, I will need some input on that.)
4.Create a custom plexi galss cover over the tabs for the 5.25" bays which will have a sticker w/ the NVIDIA logo and "SHELLSHOCK" cutout and will be back lit by 2 green CC's.
5. Install a custom fill port at the top of the tank leading to the reservoir. (I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do this yet.)
6. Replace back 140mm fan w/ Green LED fan.

-The Powersupply will be sleeved with NVIDIA green and black.
-Primo Chill UV Green Tubing will be lighted w/ UV lights (Looking for a good brand that will make it look good)

That is my game plan for this new build and mod, hopefully everything will come out the way that it is supposed to and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post up as I'm always open to new ideas.

I will be coming back to this post from now to the end of the year depending on how I stand financially and parts wise. Thanks for looking!!!!!

Machin3

Started the strip down of the case today and getting ready to start cutting, painting, and what not. Here's a few pics:

Almost stripped down to the max:

ComputerMod001.jpg

All the crap that I don't need. If anyone wants this, let me know. I got 3x 200mm fans, HD bay holders, tabs for the 5.25" cage, etc.

ComputerMod003.jpg

The reason why I am doing this:

ComputerMod004.jpg

ComputerMod005.jpg

Started removing the rivets on the hard drive cage, and got to the last one and well you can see what happened here. :D

ComputerMod006.jpg

That's it for right now. One question for everyone looking at this, should I keep the NVIDIA badge on the black grill or cut the black grill and leave it on the mesh?

Last edited: