World of Warcraft: Cataclysm announced

Aastii

VIP Member
only 85? They are getting stingier all the time.

I won't be playing it though. I got free of WoW and don't really want to go back :p

Yoonsi

me too! I had a level 70 Rogue, and I'm glad I've never been back. Ahahaha my grades have never been higher =p

but, respect to those who can play and control their addictions. I however was not one of them =p

Yoonsi

me too! I had a level 70 Rogue, and I'm glad I've never been back. Ahahaha my grades have never been higher =p

but, respect to those who can play and control their addictions. I however was not one of them =p

MorningWood

LOL like Blizzard needs more money? With as much as they are rolling in they should start giving people money back for joining WoW

Aastii

VIP Member
LOL like Blizzard needs more money? With as much as they are rolling in they should start giving people money back for joining WoW

atleast they aren't like microsoft yet, making everything WAY too expensive, or like maxis. The Sims expansions cost as much as a full game...the WoW ones only cost less than half of the price of a full game, hell WoW itself is less than £10 now!! All of that game for that little. But then you have to pay that again and again every month, which sucks.

I think they should have released the film and then played off of that for the next expansion, rather than take the asy route and say "hey, lets blow everything up!!"

HumanMage

Goblins and Worgen huh? I wonder race is which faction? I bet a Worgen would be cool to play. Gotta give props to Blizzard on keeping content fresh. I bet Blizzard will deliver another stellar expansion to WoW. Too bad I won't be playing.

Danda

I play Wow, took time off for now, but this expansion by the looks of it will make the same ol grind that the WoW players were used too and finally make lvling different.

I just hope they make raids harder. I cant wait, going to go back playing a month before it comes out. What fun.

And at HumanMage: Worgen= Alliance, Goblins= Horde

Twist86

only 85? They are getting stingier all the time.

I won't be playing it though. I got free of WoW and don't really want to go back :p

Same here....I got into a BIG killed called Nephalem on Blackhand and they burned me out fast and proper...now I can't even look at WoW.

E Money

Is WoW really that addicting? They have LAN parties at my school in the multipurpose room. They stay in there for the whole weekend, no baths, people sleeping in their chairs, etc. Also, these people usually dont have girlfriends or any other hobbies so i figured thats why they stay in there like that. You guys make WoW sound like coke, once you do one line its hard to break away lmao.

Should i not even snort my first line of WoW? Is it not worth it??

Vizy

Is WoW really that addicting? They have LAN parties at my school in the multipurpose room. They stay in there for the whole weekend, no baths, people sleeping in their chairs, etc. Also, these people usually dont have girlfriends or any other hobbies so i figured thats why they stay in there like that. You guys make WoW sound like coke, once you do one line its hard to break away lmao.

i've never played it. but since it is never ending, you would never get bored of it (theoretically). don't play it if you know u dont have strong self control. also go to hulu.com and watch 'second skin'.

Fatback

VIP Member
The only reason I have never played it is one I can't get into games like that. 2 I'm a little afraid I might like it lol. 3 I don't have time so If I did get addicted I would probably loose my jobs or end up quitting school again.

I don't thin hulu has second skin any more sucks I really wanted to see it.

Aastii

VIP Member

The people that get addicted have no control. These are the people that can get hooked on anything because they can't manage time.

When i played iat worst i went through about a month of playing maybe 6 hours a day and then thought wtf, i could be doing something constructive here instead, so limited myself and spent more time out and about with friends than sat in playing it, but i still enjoyed it.

Your school sounds like either a bunch of losers who are a minority of gamers, or just trying to fit into a group and convincing themselves they are having fun.

Again, when i palyed i played with people that had families, friends, social lives etc, they lead full lives but had WoW as a hobby on the side. I had friends, a social life, a girlfriend, a bed and a bath :p and did other things as hobbies, i played hockey, went to every St Helens rugby match thtat they had, so i had a life outside of the game.

You do hear of these ridiculous stories like the asian kid that killed himself by playing woW, he didn't eat or drink or sleep for days and died, or that american that got imolated by someone that he goes to school with in game (set them on fire, it is a damage over time spell), so came into school the next day, poured petrol over this kid and litterally did the immolation spell on him. As you can tell though, these people are nut jobs and should probably be out of teh gene pool anyway. But a good lot of players have normal lives.

But, with that said, there are alot that say they aren't as bad as they actually are. When I said I had a time of playing 6 hours a day I was convinced that i was like i was before i got to that point, that i was out all of the time, I had other stuff and that and when i realised no i don't it made me think how disolusioned others are and how they don't realise it is taking over. It gradually gets to be a game that you play more and more if you let it because there is always something else to do, always another thing to get, another place to go, other people to meet, it is non-stop

Twist86

To some it can be....I have seen people ruin their entire lives for the game. Even I have to admit I was going down a rather bad path. It is not 100% the game at fault the people have issues and the game allow them to escape.

Still had a job/girlfriend but I found myself wanting to play more then spend time with her. Which point I quit fast and proper.

Though I never took it so far I was sleeping in chair and was trying to get a seizure either.

Last edited:

E Money

Your school sounds like either a bunch of losers who are a minority of gamers, or just trying to fit into a group and convincing themselves they are having fun.

Yea. Most of them are GSP students ( Game Simulation Programing ). Most of the GSP students are losers but some of them actually do have a life outside of video gaming ( Girlsfriends, Drifting, etc. Thats only like 3 people though ). I dont really look down on it as much if gaming is you college major. I mean, if i decided to get serious in my training so i could start amatuer fighting, i would have to be at the fight gym 5 days out of the week and the regular gym atleast 4 days out of the week. That would be alot of hours of hard work and dedication. Would i also be considered a loser because alot of my time is spent on my hobby? Or would i still be good because not only am i an amatuer fighter, im a babe magnet?? Haha :cool:

Aastii

VIP Member
Yea. Most of them are GSP students ( Game Simulation Programing ). Most of the GSP students are losers but some of them actually do have a life outside of video gaming ( Girlsfriends, Drifting, etc. Thats only like 3 people though ). I dont really look down on it as much if gaming is you college major. I mean, if i decided to get serious in my training so i could start amatuer fighting, i would have to be at the fight gym 5 days out of the week and the regular gym atleast 4 days out of the week. That would be alot of hours of hard work and dedication. Would i also be considered a loser because alot of my time is spent on my hobby? Or would i still be good because not only am i an amatuer fighter, im a babe magnet?? Haha :cool:

lmao, you sound like a loser for using the term "babe magnet" :p This is a forum, not baywatch

E Money

Well i actually wanted to say something else haha, but I dont know how well that would have sat with the mods.