Would a new computer fix this?

TomballGuy05

Ok...I don't really know the technical terms, but yesterday I bought Empire Earth II, and when theres alot of characters on the screen, it gets slow, and it kinda jumps around...like its not smooth. It does this on other games also, but not all the time...it seems like it only happens when theres alot of stuff going on. I don't know what its called, and im sure theres a name for it. Would a new computer have this same problem, or is it just because mines a little old? Would this setup have the same problems:

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4800+ Processor with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology
Memory: 2GB Low-Latency Dual Channel DDR PC-3200 at 333MHz - 4 x 512MB
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX PCI Express 256MB DDR3 w/Dual Digital and TV Out
System Drive: Extreme Performance - Serial ATA RAID 0 - 500GB (250GB x 2) Serial ATA 7,200 RPM w/16MB Cache

Last edited:

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Ummm..., I don't think there's anything wrong with your hardware really as far as abilities are concerned. Check some of your settings and make sure that everything is working ok... Sometimes I know the games themselves will just lag from time to time...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Oh, hah, that's the NEW set-up, lol. Yeah, that new set-up would prolly run BF2 and EE2 at the same time fine... ;)

kof2000

you can run 2 copies of BF2 with that kind of setup LOL

my setup can run EE2 with no problems.

ripken2004

can u afford the new setup? and dont get 333mhz, get some mushkin reline 4000, people can get it to 2-2-2-5 4x512

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ok...i don't really know the technical terms, but yesterday i bought empire earth ii, and when theres alot of characters on the screen, it gets slow, and it kinda jumps around...like its not smooth. it does this on other games also, but not all the time...it seems like it only happens when theres alot of stuff going on. i don't know what its called, and im sure theres a name for it. would a new computer have this same problem, or is it just because mines a little old? would this setup have the same problems:
the new setup will definitely power through that game but for is your current setup? QUESTIONS 101.

you can run 2 copies of BF2 with that kind of setup LOL
Except you cant .... program collision detection....

Last edited: