Would all this be compatible?

Hylian

I need help on making sure I can identify compatible parts (ie. they'll properly fit into the ports). If you could just take a look at the items I've provided, and tell me if they'd work together, I would love that!

Motherboard
HardDrive
Processor
DDR RAM
Power Supply
Video Card
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

- Are those really the only parts needed to make a computer (besides cabling and casing, etc)
- What would be a decent cooling system? (processor, videocard, etc)
- Are the refurbished items on www.newegg.com any good? I may try to save a buck or two by buying items from there instead.

Thanks again for your help.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I need help on making sure I can identify compatible parts (ie. they'll properly fit into the ports). If you could just take a look at the items I've provided, and tell me if they'd work together, I would love that!
The motherboard should be compatible provided you dont try to shove an AMD chip in there

Are those really the only parts needed to make a computer (besides cabling and casing, etc)
You'll probably want a CPU in there too ;)

What would be a decent cooling system? (processor, videocard, etc)
You video card should be ok but consider the very versatile and effective Thermaltake Polo735 for CPU cooling. You might also consider a HDD cooler, even a simple $10-$15 cooler can drop ur drive temps by 30 degrees

Hylian

Thank you for your help :)

Praetor said:
You'll probably want a CPU in there too ;)

I'm confused! I thought the Processor link I provided was considered a cpu...otherwise I have no idea on what to look for :(