Would I be better off with a Nvidia or AMD graphics card? [SOLVED]

punamed

I only use Linux and Unix based operating systems. When Googling this, I got mixed results.

On my old laptop I had a Nvidia/Intel hybrid graphics card, it was a pain trying to get the drivers to work properly. Once it was set up, i had no problems with it.

I honestly don't know what to choose.

punamed

I do play a few games. The games I did play worked fine on my laptop. Mind you it wasn't on the highest settings. The game that I own that is the most graphically demanding recommends a "GTX 760+ HD7000+ ". I honestly don't know what the AMD equivalent is.

Brandon71732

I personally never want to hear the name AMD again...

Over the years i have had several AMD cards, all of them were out of the box horrible, i switched to Nvidia and since then my life has changed drastically. Nvidia just has better performance out of the box depending on the card. The latest nvidia cards overthrow AMD any day, especially the 1080. Again, this is my opinion but i would seriously spend the extra money and get a card that will not only last you longer but give you a better gaming experience overall.

punamed

After doing some more research, i have come to the conclusion that I will be getting an AMD Graphics card

-Cheaper
-Powerful enough for me
-Better support for Linux
-No stupid Optimus chips

Laquer Head