Would these 2 sticks work on my PC? :S

artimese

Hi, I currently have a pretty ancient computer, its a HP multi media, exact version -> HP-COMPAQ Media Center PC m7100n series. Anyways its pre made, didnt do much except place a 9800gt 512mb card in there for gaming purposes ofc. However for example i can play crysis/crysis warhead but on lowest graphics, its rediculous on how i have a 9 series nvidia card and i can only play on low, i mean i can go a lil higher on graphics but it slows down and is extremely unbareable to play in. Anyways im guessing maybe my ram is the issue, or my GPU or CPU. I currently have 1gig ram, 2x512 DDR2 ofcoarse, and i have 2 sticks 128 each hitting 256 together, wich i found these from my older pc. Now adding these 2 cud hit my ram around 1.3 wich is better than 1 ofcoarse. My question is will these 2 sticks work? They are... Kingston valueRAM KVR8TEX16-8/128-IS. Im not too sure if they will adapt and work with my pc right now, my sticks i have in my pc right now are just thin green chips, while these other 2 older sticks are the same but with a little silver peice attached to it. My pc does have 4 slots, 2 used from the 2x512, leaving 2 more for these 2 guys i have... So would they work on my pc:confused:? Thanks in advance.

kimsland

You can locate your HP Manual by clicking here > (using Internet Explorer)
Your manual will tell you the Ram specs that you can use in your old machine

I would suggest that you don't use the 128Meg cards anyway, as due to the small size and the age of them, they may (and likely will) fault
You are always best to use the same Ram amount and Voltage and speed (basically same Ram) on your Ram slots. ie Buy another 512Meg card - much better ;)

artimese

Oh alright thanks, i only thought of using these small sticks bcuz im planning on buying/building a brand new pc, and i dont wanna waste money on this one im using currently so i thought i cud add as much stuff i already have to this machine, i guess this will do for a little bit til i get my new system. Thanks.

Fatback

VIP Member
Well the first thing I think of is that the 2 sticks from your old PC is probably DDR and your current PC uses DDR2. So my guess is that the two sticks wont even fit.

Edit: Yep I was right I check the model number you gave and the sticks are DDR 184pin so they will not fit your current computer.