16g adata ram @2666 ( 2x8 )
Amd ryzen 5 3400g with Radeon excuse vega 11 graphics built in

would this be compatible without bios update
Also would it be compatible with Samsung evo 970 ssd without bios update
Thanks in advance

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I highly doubt it, it needs bios revision 1201 to be compatible with the 3400g. If the box says ryzen 3000 ready then it would good to go but since the board says only 2nd and first generations only, it most likely would need a bios update with a compatible processor installed first before being able to use the 3400g. You would most likely have to take it to a shop to have them update the bios.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Any processor without a G at the end doesn't have onboard video so you would need to get a dedicated video card. I just built a system with the 2600 for a client of mine. Do you by chance have a microcenter store near you?

No I’m in the uk
All we got is pc world Argos and amazon in terms of technology
So would it work with the ryzen 5 3700 without bios update

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, because the 3700 is a third generation cpu which would require a bios update for that motherboard. You would need to use a processor that starts with a 1 or a 2 to be compatible out of the box for that motherboard. All of the X570 boards should be ryzen 3000 ready but they are about double the price of the board you want. It might be cheaper for you to ask around at different pc repair centers what the cost would be to upgrade the bios for you.

Ok I’ll have a look into it thanks for your help
After considering your advice I’m gonna stick with my amd a8 processor for now
That should just work on that board without bios update shouldn’t it
I’ll get the ryzen after Christmas

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, the A8 will not work on the Asus board. Here is the cpu support list for the board.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/

I just checked the main page for that board and it does show an image for ryzen 3000 series ready.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/

P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png

But you might want to contact asus just to be sure

Hello John you advised the processor needs to start with 1 or 2 so would the ryzen 7 2700 be compatible out of the box thanks