Would this be illegal

quagmondo23

If I try and hack my own network with my own laptop in my own house (just for a test) would that be considered illegal. Just to try and bypass my wep and wpa encryption. Please don't lock this thread, its just a question.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Not illegal in any court of law, but Im sure you wont get any help here... If thats what you are asking.

BluePlum

banned
Yer no help here COUGH xyz COUGH................ "whispers" ( talk there )

Last edited by a moderator:

shenry

If you allow your self to try and hack your on network then that should be fine. If someone lets you try that would also be fine (Like how professional hackers test the security of banks and such) But under no circumstances are you allowed to if someone does not let you or doesnt say anything about it.

An example of this is Hack this site. Its designed for people to be more security aware.

lovely?

yeah its legal, and technically anyone should be able to help you do it if you want here, since its your network and your not doing anything wrong lol

nffc10

That's the thing, he might be completely legit in trying to hack his own wireless network. But (no offence intended), if he say used what he learnt off here to hack someone else's network then that would be illegal. Like has been said.;)

All i'm saying is how do you know that he says what he's gonna do?

I thing the best thing is to stay well clear of things like this on the forum....

quagmondo23

emm... Thanks but hackthissite.org isn't working. You can all trust that I won't park outside your house and steal all of your most important files.

Last edited:

Camper

Major company's hack there own networks all the time and it is considered good security practice. I don't see why it would be any different for your home network.