Would you ever pick an Apple Imac over your PC?

Drastik

Apparently 'more people are turning to macs these days', i dont know if that is true or not, but still

`PaWz

banned
But still what? Sounds like a brain-dead kinda thing to say.

And sure, I would pick a Mac over PC if I had the chance, but not for the extra money I would have to pay.

Last edited:

gamerman4

Not really, Apple's OSX isn't really my cup of tea. I prefer the Windows interface. Sure, I can use boot camp but that kinda defeats the purpose of having an iMac. If I needed a small footprint all-in-one box, I'd probably go for it though. Other AIOs aren't as pretty. Also, it has a decent LCD which I can't say about other AIO options since I've never experienced many of them except the ones you can see in Best Buy. If I were to ever get a mac, I think I'd get Mac Mini because I can think of tons of uses for a tiny computer.

Cameldude

Right, NO NO NO, Mac, is prety bad, i mean bad, anything you can do now with PC you can not do with a Mac, unless you run a shitty Windoes XP on it, which runs slow and most likely not be able to do much.

alright for day to day perpurse like browsing the net, using Office or the Mac comparison, but it is just not what you need to do seriouse computing.

Russian777

f*** the macs, and f*** apple over all, they are so slow progressing with their gay pc, and gay iphones. Wow guys we came out with a new iphone, its got the same shit as the old one but 1 more mega pixle camera. While sony already has a 12mp cell phone.

MouSe

f*** the macs, and f*** apple over all, they are so slow progressing with their gay pc, and gay iphones. Wow guys we came out with a new iphone, its got the same shit as the old one but 1 more mega pixle camera. While sony already has a 12mp cell phone.

Don't sugar coat it or anything....

I'd get one for the "pretty" factor, and the fact I love running all my graphic design stuff on Mac more than I do my PC. I just game too much to get one though.

PabloTeK

Yep, any laptop I've ever owned, or even used feels cheap compared to my MBP. The OS is superb ergonomically and to use it's a joy. On the camera issue; megapixels mean sweet FA. A 12mp Sony cameraphone is hardly likely to be better than a 10mp Olympus/Nikon DSLR for example.

Also, Apple's laptops are way ahead of many others. Apple has had LED screens and light-sensitive keyboards for a while now in it's laptops while all the others are now playing catch up to add these features and make a big thing of them, how is that slow?

Russian777

Yep, any laptop I've ever owned, or even used feels cheap compared to my MBP. The OS is superb ergonomically and to use it's a joy. On the camera issue; megapixels mean sweet FA. A 12mp Sony cameraphone is hardly likely to be better than a 10mp Olympus/Nikon DSLR for example.

Also, Apple's laptops are way ahead of many others. Apple has had LED screens and light-sensitive keyboards for a while now in it's laptops while all the others are now playing catch up to add these features and make a big thing of them, how is that slow?

way ahead? they just recently started putting dedicated 8600gt video card into their mac books. while alienware already had nvidia gtx 280 sli'd in their laptops.

PabloTeK

way ahead? they just recently started putting dedicated 8600gt video card into their mac books. while alienware already had nvidia gtx 280 sli'd in their laptops.

Err, no. This MBP 2 ft from me runs a 9600m GT & a 9400m, if Apple wanted to put silly graphics cards in it they wouldn't make it as thin as it is:

mbp_0810.jpg

Not forgetting those cards drink battery power...

Magicalpops

it all depends on your "play style" Let's say your wanting to mess around with video editing and music or graphic design. Sure windows has nice programs but mac is going to be better for that. But if it comes to anything else, windows for sure.

Hugh9191

Right, NO NO NO, Mac, is prety bad, i mean bad, anything you can do now with PC you can not do with a Mac, unless you run a shitty Windoes XP on it, which runs slow and most likely not be able to do much.

alright for day to day perpurse like browsing the net, using Office or the Mac comparison, but it is just not what you need to do seriouse computing.

Sorry, but have you ever used a Mac?

Hugh9191

There's really less difference between what a PC can do over a Mac and vice versa now days. Unless your gaming most stuff you can do on a PC you can also do on a mac and most stuff you can do on a Mac you can also do on a PC.

It's now down to personal preference. And to the OP - yes I would. I don't really play taxing games on my PC and next time I get a new machine I intend to get a Mac Mini (or whatever's best at the time) and dual boot it with Windows 7 for the occasional bit of gaming.

I do like the iMacs but I already have a screen and don't fancy having to buy one every time I get a new machine.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i like the look of them and the build quality but unless someone tells me they can run games better than my current rig than no way!

Hugh9191

i like the look of them and the build quality but unless someone tells me they can run games better than my current rig than no way!

They can run games better than your current rig! :D

That's the thing really, if you want to run games on it then a mac is not for you (and won't be until they become more popular). I think Windows will always be the gaming platform.