Would you ever pick an Apple Imac over your PC?

ilya124

i was liking macs when i had xp, but now that i have 7, its so much better than OSX. i used macs alot and they're just more complicated. ironic, no? i mean things like going to your music folder or video folder. opening finder than scrolling through a shitload of folders or searching for the folder, why? when i can just open whatever folder i need from the start menu. apple tried to hard to make their OS simple and that turned into a massive fail. So i'll stick with 7.

just a noob

an imac? no, but perhaps one of the new mac pro's(dual i7 w3570's[xeon equivalent to 975] either a pair of the evga gtx 285's made for mac, or the quattro equivalent to the gtx 285) that would be an awesome rendering/video editing setup

CardboardSword

Seeing as how I do much more gaming than editing, I enjoy building my own desktop much more than buying/"customizing" one online. I'm not a huge fan of laptops, but if I had 1,500 kicking around that I didn't have anything else to spend it on, I wouldn't mind having a macbook. I must say I really hate the mac fanboys though. The machines are high quality but still quite overpriced in my opinion as you pay an awful lot just for the Apple logo.

Cameldude

Sorry, but have you ever used a Mac?

Well indeed my friend and it was crap, and i did not like the OS, and i did not like anything about it at all, and the little thread of yours may explaine some things, but when i have used PC for over 7 years now, trying to get used to the crappy OS of Mac, then please don't try to lecture me. Also i saw how the Windows XP runs on Mac, it runs slow , so basically anything you want to do with PC (ie Windows XP) you can barely do.

And as i said before if you do nothing with your computer, then go for mac, but if you do something with your computer than go for PC.

But i do like the iphone, its prety good, the new version the S one, has higher processor speed, i think, so it is capable of doing the application faster, and obviousely i would also prefer to have a camera on the front of iphone for video calls, but not yet, maybe soon.

gamerman4

Well indeed my friend and it was crap, and i did not like the OS, and i did not like anything about it at all, and the little thread of yours may explaine some things, but when i have used PC for over 7 years now, trying to get used to the crappy OS of Mac, then please don't try to lecture me. Also i saw how the Windows XP runs on Mac, it runs slow , so basically anything you want to do with PC (ie Windows XP) you can barely do.

And as i said before if you do nothing with your computer, then go for mac, but if you do something with your computer than go for PC.

But i do like the iphone, its prety good, the new version the S one, has higher processor speed, i think, so it is capable of doing the application faster, and obviousely i would also prefer to have a camera on the front of iphone for video calls, but not yet, maybe soon.

I'm not seeing how running XP with boot camp would make it run slow. Boot Camp runs Windows natively, it is only as slow as the hardware, something Macs have no problem with. If you are talking about running it through a VM, then of course it is slow, every OS runs slower through a VM.

Why would you compare an iMac to a PC?

iMac is an "all in one" computer...no substitute for a desktop pc.

Wouldn't that be the point of an AIO? to replace a big desktop PC...
An iMac has desktop hardware, more-or-less. It is just in a single package, it is useful for someone that needs that.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would get a macbook, but probably not an iMac.

Same here...i would love to own a Macbook but theyre so damn expensive :cool:

But no,I wouldnt pick a Apple Imac over my pc because they cant game.....not like my system can.

Bodaggit23

Wouldn't that be the point of an AIO? to replace a big desktop PC...
An iMac has desktop hardware, more-or-less. It is just in a single package, it is useful for someone that needs that.

It's just not an "apples to apples" comparison that's all.

An "all-in-one" can't compete with a gamer rig, so my
answer to the thread's question is no, I would not choose
an iMac over my pc.

gamerman4

It's just not an "apples to apples" comparison that's all.

An "all-in-one" can't compete with a gamer rig, so my
answer to the thread's question is no, I would not choose
an iMac over my pc.

That wasn't your initial argument either. You argument was that an all-in-one was not a substitute for a desktop when in fact, that is its exact purpose. Maybe not a gamer rig but definitely a viable substitute for a desktop. If you wanted to game, you could spend the little extra for the upgrade to an HD 4850, which, while it isn't the greatest, it is definitely a good card.

Hugh9191

Some boot camp fun.

[YT]_r5IxqF77Zo[/YT]

And this one's with only 2 gigs of ram.

[YT]1qzglpcMBKk[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamin43

banned
Support the MAC
3259683064_cdc1209e7a.jpg

Cameldude

Some boot camp fun.

[YT]_r5IxqF77Zo[/YT]

And this one's with only 2 gigs of ram.

[YT]1qzglpcMBKk[/YT]

WOW, really, i could do that on my PC, without paying so much for the imac, lol, hope you learned you lesson, spend less, uses much much more. Well Crysis, playing well, ok, But when my friend ran it on his computer, even the basics, like opening Internet were prety slow. And anyway if you buy Mac for their Beauty and shiny parts, well, try to think not look

And again just to say, you ran those games on Boot XP on Mac, right, and i do not have to run anything on my PC because its a PC, i would post my quality and speed of the games you posted, because i like them both, and they run prety good too. Have a 22" screen just to point out.

Have fun with the boot thing, maybe you will learn something, like get a PC and get over the "cool looking" Mac. lol

EGamerHDK

If anyone actually spent the same amount of money on a PC as they did on a Mac then the world wouldn't have problems.

The Birth Of a Mac Fan Boy:
Step 1: Go to Wal-Mart
Step 2: OMG!zZ!1z11!Z!! A $399.99 dollar computer! Awesome!
Step 3: Set it up... works for a week. Then it breaks.
Step 4: Complain to all of our 2 friends about it sucking.
Step 5: Have them tell you about a Mac "No viruses, It's good for graphic design"
Step 6: Buy a new 2 thousand dollar mac
Step 7: Tell everyone you now have a mac... and it's cool cuz it has a camera.
Step 8: Argue with PC owners to get a mac because it doesn't get viruses and it's great for graphic design.
Step 9: Think to yourself... I'm not a graphics designer.
Step 10: Tell more people to get a mac
Step 11: Have the logic board on the mac die and pay either 1,500 to replace it or just buy a new mac.
Step 12: Go to step 6

Last edited: