Would You Pursue Legal Action Against this Forum, etc.

Recently, I was legally slandered and defamed deliberately on a Forum with considerable money so that my name would be indexed under Google as being on a sex offender registry. The poster in his comment to me posted exactly
(I'm leaving out my name here)
From His Post:
(keywords: My First Name My Last Name, lMy longer first name My longer last name, sex offender registry)

I contacted 2 moderators on the forum instructing them to remove this as it has been put on Google and the only way Google will remove anything is when they scan and see something has been deleted. After 1 day, they have done nothing.

Do you think a lawyer will sue them on a contingency basis?

Last edited:

DirtyD86

banned
Recently, I was legally slandered and defamed deliberately on a Forum with considerable money so that my name would be indexed under Google as being on a sex offender registry. The poster in his comment to me posted exactly
(I'm leaving out my name here)
keywords: First Name Last Name, longer first name last name, sex offender registry)

I contacted 2 moderators on the forum instructing them to remove this as it has been put on Google and the only way Google will remove anything is when they scan and see something has been deleted. After 1 day, they have done nothing.

Do you think a lawyer will sue them on a contingency basis?

Assuming these allegations are in fact not true, I think you have every right to defend your name using whatever legal action it requires. This is something that could have a profound effect on your livelihood, and something needs to be done about it.

Of course its not true. It's just that I'm not sure a lawyer will do this on a contingency basis. If it was just on the forum I could care less but its indexed on Google

DirtyD86

banned
Of course its not true. It's just that I'm not sure a lawyer will do this on a contingency basis. If it was just on the forum I could care less but its indexed on Google

Call around. Any decent lawyer will give you a few minutes of their time if they expect to represent you. The lawyer I used back in the day invited me to his house and sat with me in his living room discussing my case for a good 45 minutes before any money changed hands.

Da Mail Man

...the same damned thing happened to me by a disgruntled employee. i got the fbi involved because it involved the sending of literature through the mail that was strictly illegal. at any rate, the fbi told me that there was nothing they could do as the perpetrators were protected under "free speach"..BULLSH--!..so, i wrote the offending owners/moderators/admins, etc and they too told me that there was nothing they could do and for the same reasons. WTF!?!...they did however indicate that they would remove the libelous/slanderous and erroneous entry only with an order from a court/judge. so, unless one personally knows a judge, that affected person my have to spend quite a bit of money to get the "entry" expunged. in the mean time, i look for that person, baseball bat in hand, and i will be pretending that his/her teeth is a baseball and that i am going to hit that "ball" and clear the center field fence!

Twist86

I would not only pursue legal action but find where the jack off lived.

If it doesn't work...then destroy his name...get every bit of info you can and drag his name through the mud till he removes it.

Computer_Freak

I would not only pursue legal action but find where the jack off lived.

If it doesn't work...then destroy his name...get every bit of info you can and drag his name through the mud till he removes it.

Yeah but then you are in the SH!t

Contact a lawyer for some advice. But you could take legal action.