Would you rather...

What kind of laptop would you rather have for general use [not gaming]?

• Mac

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Dell

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sony

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

GSAV55

I've never owned a mac, but I use them for a computer graphics class I'm taking. I can't get over how slick their products are though, aesthetically and performance wise(for what I've used them for). I've been thinking about getting a laptop for when I go to college next year. I already have the pc in my sig, so I don't need any crazy laptop for gaming or anything, but they are just nice to have. Without gaming in the equation, would you guys rather have a mac or a sony/dell laptop?

Geoff

VIP Member
I've never owned a Mac or Sony, although I've owned a few Dell's and I love them. They are great laptops for the price, offer a wide variety of parts to choose from, are fairly durable, and the new ones have a more sleek appearance.

Geoff

VIP Member
I'd get a mac. Virus free, easy to use, super sleek, very efficient, just an all around great laptops.
Those are all great points, and thats what I love about Mac's as well. The only downside I see is that Mac's are usually much more expensive compared to say, a Dell laptop with the same specs.

GSAV55

The new Sony's are lookin' pretty sick. There's a Sony store at the mall around here. They are sleek in a different way. They have a plethora of different ones, and you can get custom covers.

Geoff

VIP Member
Sony and Apple are pretty similar in pricing, I would go for the Mac if you were going to spend that much.

sfinks98

like everyone says it depends on how much youre willing to spend. now im not a huge fan of macs but have you seen the macbook air?! if it werent for the os and the base price of 1700 i would get one.