WoW Account Help!

ScottALot

So I just got a new "Battle Chest" deal and a 2 month card and I wanted to start playing WoW. My friend sent me an invite, so I accepted it and then upgraded the account to a full account (so I don't have to be a trial). I was :) , but then I got :( when I logged in and saw there were two accounts "WoW1" which was a full account, and "WoW2" which was the 10 day trial I first planned to use. WoW2, because my friend invited me, has a special effect that I want to use (I won't go into detail). Is there a way that I can take this special effect off of my WoW2 and put it onto WoW1 or take the game + membership off of WoW1 and put it onto WoW2? There's an option to "Merge Accounts" on battle.net, but I don't want to touch that yet.

g4m3rof1337

So I just got a new "Battle Chest" deal and a 2 month card and I wanted to start playing WoW. My friend sent me an invite, so I accepted it and then upgraded the account to a full account (so I don't have to be a trial). I was :) , but then I got :( when I logged in and saw there were two accounts "WoW1" which was a full account, and "WoW2" which was the 10 day trial I first planned to use. WoW2, because my friend invited me, has a special effect that I want to use (I won't go into detail). Is there a way that I can take this special effect off of my WoW2 and put it onto WoW1 or take the game + membership off of WoW1 and put it onto WoW2? There's an option to "Merge Accounts" on battle.net, but I don't want to touch that yet.

So you have two accounts, one being the trial and another being the account you made under RaF, and you want to use the trial account's character with your friend? If that is the case, why don't you just start a fresh account with your friend, since you guys get 3x the exp, whatever level you were you'll blow past that.

ScottALot

I'm gonna go step-by-step... because reading my own paragraph confused me.

1. My friend wants me to play WoW
2. He recruits me.
3. Before I accept it, I buy the full version of WoW and a 2 month membership so I don't have to use a trial.
4. I make a battle.net account
5. I accept the invite.
6. I enter the validation keys from the WoW game and the membership
7. I log on
8. It says choose between "WoW1" and WoW2"
*WoW1 is the trial where I get 3x exp
*WoW2 is a full paid account w/o the 3x exp
I don't want to buy another copy of WoW... because this is actually my second set due to getting hacked and Blizzard not helping me recover.

Is there a way to mix the 3x exp from WoW1 and the full version of the game from WoW2 into one profile?

g4m3rof1337

I don't think there is a way. Back when I started, I made an account, I think it was a trial, leveled it up and stuff. Then a friend introduced me to RaF, so I had to end up making a new account to get that. I didn't buy a second set of WoW discs or anything, so..

I'm still a little confused, sorry.

ScottALot

My goal is to have the full version of the game and 3x leveling on one account... right now each is on its own account.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Since you've activated already I think you're stuck. What you needed to do was create the recruit a friend account and then attach the key you bought to that account. It's possible that Blizzard billing might be able to help you but I don't know.

ScottALot

Should I email them or get forceful over the phone? I'm good at being assertive while sounding completely calm :D

ScottALot

I called them. Guy was helpful (for once) and he merged them... over the phone I heard a lot of Windows Error sounds, though... weird.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I find calling them is far more productive then going back and forth in an email chain.