Wow! Check this out!

bumblebee_tuna

No offense, but that's soooooo 5 minutes ago..........

My guess is they're going to market these more towards the entertainment industry more than personal, home use.

jedijeff123

ohh i saw this on cnet a while back. i think that it has a practical use, but it will wait a few years before people will buy it.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Yeah.. Touch screen is NOT a new technology. It has been around for awhile. You walk into a grocery store and there are Kodak photo Kiosks... or even car headunits and navigation systems... even in warehouses touch screens are being used.. I doubt Microsoft Surface will make it off the floor.

bigsaucybob

I'm pretty sure that its not just touch screen, its multi-touch screen. And the first real products that have utilized that are the iPhone and the HTC Touch.

I am tired of seeing this, any OS company can take their OS and redesign to enable it to have physics when touched on a touchscreen. It's not that hard, but now that MS does it, everyone gets aroused.

Cleric7x9

I'm pretty sure that its not just touch screen, its multi-touch screen. And the first real products that have utilized that are the iPhone and the HTC Touch.

yes you are correct. the reason its a big deal is because it can detect touches in two different places simulatenously. touchscreens have been around for a very long time, however go to yoru grocery store or warehouse and touch it in two places at the same time....it wont work