Wow, that is fast.....

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
to geoff:: i dont really look at any of the US sites cos i have no reason to, i only look at them when a link gets given on here. I will ahve a quick look for you, but remeber that ebuyer has the same stock databse for both its UK site and its US site, so you could probably get that cable off of ebuyer.com instead of ebuyer.co.uk......

dragon2039

randruff

If you want to see fast, check out two WD Raptor 10,000rpm in RAID 0. I will never go back to anything else....at least for the partition that holds windows and apps. As an example, check this out, and no i'm not exadurating....

-from the time when you begin Windows installation to the time when you are in Windows: 12-14 mins.

-from the time when you begin installing SP2 to time when SP2 is finished installing: 3-4 mins.

-When Windows begins booting (Windows logo, scrolling bar) to time when you are in windows and everything is loaded (26 processes avg.): 9-12 seconds.

Seriously, those mofo's are blazing fast (but loud).

Geoff

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
to geoff:: i dont really look at any of the US sites cos i have no reason to, i only look at them when a link gets given on here. I will ahve a quick look for you, but remeber that ebuyer has the same stock databse for both its UK site and its US site, so you could probably get that cable off of ebuyer.com instead of ebuyer.co.uk......

dragon2039

My computer teacher told me that any new ATA133 cable would have 80 wires, since you need that to achieve ATA133 speeds. So i'll get one of those and report back on if the speeds change.